For the first time and completely unexpected I have been put forward for the blogger recognition award by the great Journey To Leadership! I am amazed and completely grateful to have been nominated considering this blog is only over a month old!
Please check out Journey To Leadership blog which is filled with inspiring posts and advice for those who wish to move up the career ladder.
How did I start my Shieldmaiden Life Blog?
I started this blog over a month ago to speak about my personal experience with mental health and also to cover a wide range of other topics people may wish to read about including Asatru a religion I follow. I also write to offer advice and tips on various interests, to help motivate people to overcome life challenges.
This Blog is designed to help people along with offering humorous posts to help brighten up someone’s day. Whether it’s by showing them they aren’t alone in their mental health battle or giving information for those who seek it about Norse Paganism, even talking out about topics others may not have thought of. All I’ve ever want to do is write and help others. Something which I hope this blog will achieve along with humour to ensure someone smiles at least once a day. (A smile goes a long way to improving your mood.)
Advice for new bloggers?
I would advise my fellow bloggers to:
- Plan and take a notebook everywhere you go. Ideas can come up at any point even in the shower! That’s why if you have something nearby you can jot ideas on, you won’t forget them – just make sure the notebook isn’t in the shower with you when the water is on….
- Read. Read as much as you can in a wide range of topics. Check out other blogs and research into things. Not only will this improve your writing, but will also give you ideas on how to connect with your readers.
A Shieldmaiden Life has nominated the following 10 blogs:
- Largest Temperature. – For producing such inspiring and knowledgeable posts, and for speaking about personal experience’s to enable people to have more of a connection to others.
- Paddles, Pringles and Paths – For providing humour and aiming to talk about topics in a light hearted manner.
- Amy Bishop Fitness. – For the desire to empower and motivate others whilst aiming to diminish the weak girls’ stereotype.
- Photography By Kent – For providing breathtaking photographs and showing what beauty the world has.
- Jamison Writes – For the ability to be undefeated by life and to seek to inspire others by talking about personal experiences.
- The Green Study – For her fascinating posts and passionate writing. Also for the best ‘About’ page, I have ever read.
- 30 On Tap – For covering a vast range of topics covers a range of topics from technology to Fashion, parenting and wellness.
- Hackaday – For the expert tips, tricks and advice on technology, along with giving a great place to share experiences with others.
- Young Adventuress – For sharing stories about her adventures over the years.
- To Work Or Play – For dedicating time into building a blog to share, inspire and entertain others whilst giving people a platform to get into writing.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.